I was super blessed to be invited to join our brothers over at Eternal Living Word Fellowship to evangelize and share the great news of our Savior Jesus Christ at the Annual Tucson Rodeo Parade. This was my first time going to the parade and shocked at the attention this gets from the city of Tucson.Thousands of people gathered along fences going around blocks of the streets in South Tucson to see a parade recognizing a rodeo that happens every year. Tucson even goes as far as to make the week in school called "Rodeo Week" and give the schools days off to see the event.
Encouraged to serve with my brothers, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to minister to a city starving for the truth so we gathered together around 7:30 at a Circle K (mind you it was freezing for Tucson and had snowed the day before about 3 inches in some locations) and we spread out in two's! I was blessed to be with a brother I have known for a couple years named Saul Negrete. How awesome to serve along with him as he is such an encouragement with the Word that you can't help but want to talk to people!
![]() |
| book from the cult "Scientology" |
"Praise God", I said as we shook hands and stood still for a couple seconds. I could have walked away and be thankful another brother is passing out tracts but the Holy Spirit urged me to keep asking questions and keep talking so I attempted to spark more conversation by asking, "So, do you believe Jesus was fully God, fully man?"
From there it heated up as Shane responded with, "You can't know!"
"You can't know?" I questioned. "What about what the Word of God says? Didn't Jesus claim tons of times that He was God which is why they crucified Him on the cross for blasphemy?"
"Your reading it all wrong", He returned. "I study books all the time and if you read them correctly you'll see that we can't know."
I couldn't believe this! Here I thought I was thankful for the Lord providing a brother in Christ for encouragement but instead the enemy was professing false teachings immediately at the same time we we're trying to spread the truth! The conversation went no-where fast from there. I plead with the man showing him prophecy and Scriptures revealing that Christ is the Creator of the universe and that we can have assurity in salvation but he was not interested. At that point, I had to rebuke him as he was now spreading a seed of damnation to the streets and assisting in people going to Hell which is the opposite of why we were out there. Before I knew it, as we went down the streets, everyone had already received one of his books so I beg that you pray those people throw that book away, set it down and forget where they put it, and/or loose it forever as it is not the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ!
From there, WOW, we hit some mileage! Our group combined spread out about 2,000 Gospel tracts and after words only found about 10 on the ground. The Lord opened several conversations for us to speak with people and I would love to share them all but as you've noticed I am not the best of writers so I will spare you with that. All I ask is that you check out our prayer requests below and prayer page and PLEASE pray for the people, that they received God's Word today. The Scriptures say in Isaiah 55:11,
"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
So please pray for the Word of God to spread and that the seeds planted today grow and produce some thirty, sixty, and a hundredfold!Thank you again to Pastor Danny and Pastor Sonny for the invitation along with the body over at ELW and thank you for those who prayed as we went out today!
PRAISE GOD!
PRAYER REQUESTS:
Shane - He was preaching the book on the cult "Scientology". Pray he would hear the Word of God and that he would want to know the TRUTH along with stop passing out false teachings causing others to stumble.
Mark - He had mixed religious backgrounds including: Jehovah's Witness and Catholicism He was curious about the truth and asked several questions so pray the Lord ministers to him and he would keep seeking!
Mo - He was a security guard that was receptive and took a tract even though he shouldn't have, being on duty.
John - He is a practicing Mormon and agreed with me on several things but kept adding that he had made his own "covenant" with the Lord and that he will be saved by his attempt at keeping the ten commandments.
Mimi & her son Tony - Tony walked away from the Lord after meeting and going through a relationship with a Buddhist girlfriend. Though now they are broken up, Tony does not want anything to do with the Lord. Mimi needs encouragement to also seek the Lord and His truth along with being capable to minister to her son!
Brandon - He is a TPD officer and reached out to us. Funny story, I thought he was going to stop us but he actually said he was a Christian and wanted to give some tracts out also, so we prayed for him and gave some tracts! :)

Great reminders to be faithful in sharing the Good News! "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation..." Isaiah 52:7
ReplyDelete